Location Based Shipping
Navigate to Vendor Dashboard → Settings → Shipping.
In the shipping settings, you will notice the “Click Here” link as shown in the image below.
Once you click on the “Click Here” link, You’ll be taken to another page as shown below.
Description of the options
- Enable shipping: This is the main option if you want to use Location-based shipping setup. If you do not select this option, this location-based shipping method will not apply to your store.
- Default shipping price: If you do not want to add the shipping price each time you create or add a new product, then, this feature will come in really handy. This will serve as the minimum price or base shipping price. Furthermore, it will also serve as a reference when the system calculates the shipping cost.
- Per product additional price: If someone buys more than one product from your store, you will define the shipping price for the other product here. Let’s say you sell sports shoes and stockings, this setting will not apply if the customer buys more than 1 sports shoe; this feature will only apply if the customer buys sports shoes with stockings in a single order.
- Per quantity additional price: If a customer buys more than one unit of your product, then this option will be very useful. With this, you can set the additional cost that will be added to every count after 1.
- Processing time: This has nothing to do with the calculation. It is just a simple way to display the time required to package the product before the actual delivery time starts.
- Shipping policy: This is a simple text area. You can write whatever you want in regards to shipping your products.
- Refund policy: This is also a simple text area. You should write some instructions here about how to get a refund for your products.
- Ships from: You will select the base location the product ships from.
- Ship to: In this field, you will add the locations you want to ship to. After selecting one country, you will get the states on another dropdown.
- State: Name the state of the location you are shipping.
- Cost: This is the default cost for the particular country you select. That means, if the system can not find any state name that the user has entered, then this price will be used.
- Add location: By clicking this button, you can add more countries and location.
Override Default Shipping Prices
You can override default shipping prices if you want. The shipping costs are applied when you do not add any shipping cost to your product.
Sometimes you might need to override shipping costs depending on your product. So for this reason, we have included a shipping override feature in the product section. To use this feature,
For existing products – you have to navigate to your product edit screen, which is Dashboard → Products → Edit and navigate to the shipping section.
And for newly created products – The next screen after adding the basic details of a product, navigate to the shipping section.
Now, you have to click on the override shipping checkbox and you will have the option to add the additional shipping cost for that product. You can place a positive or negative value according to your needs. For example, if your products base shipping price is less than the global price, you can place a minus value.
Let’s say your base shipping price is set to $5 but for T-shirts, the base shipping price would be $3. So you can write -2 in Additional Cost field.
This cost would be added to the parent shipping prices. This also means that if you have previously set a base shipping price of $5 and an additional cost of $3, the base shipping price for that product will be $8.
And all the prices for the states will be after that. So if you have set $2 for Berlin, Germany; then the total cost for delivering the product to Berlin, Germany would be in total $8 + $2 = $10.
Base Shipping Price: $5 + $3 from override = $8
Per Quantity Additional Price: $2 $3 from override = $3
Berlin, Germany: $2
So the total shipping cost for 5 product would be 8×1 + 3×4 + 2 = $22